RE: [CBQ] Old Locomotives

To: CB&Q Group <cbq@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [CBQ] Old Locomotives
From: "Hol Wagner holpennywagner@msn.com [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2015 14:15:30 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1421874933; bh=hYgnFXh0Qw800G8H3ZSDfkVNxb6QMBfXEMG/v4jURUg=; h=To:In-Reply-To:References:From:List-Id:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:From:Subject; b=TLGfBjG5Yw9JUfn8BOQtZJbCpp7OSGGmamuhvigmXBQooGHvhgoCcoYFv31IKyiULaecstWF6UD9OLIDdqmjkNqrXIPOXqucumiHd+JfgxBx9x2hS7+luG51zUwJmSA+6IgJaPQsvc+6eG1ufHjpAYGOrZCcyMTgMu5B/uYqvC4=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Archie, Ray and Group:

Al and I discussed this at length eight or 10 years ago and he had reached the conclusion that the small white lens lamp (which was mounted in one of three different locations on the front end of passenger locomotives, primarily) was illuminated instead of the headlight when the locomotive was backing up.  Neither of us has ever found any Q correspondence or other documentation relating to these lamps, so Al's conclusion remains unverified.

For those who don't already know, Al's advancing Alzheimer's has left him in a condition in which he no longer can function independently, and his short-term memory is all but gone.  I have not been able to get in touch with him for over a year now, as his step-son, who is handling his care and affairs, has quit responding to my inquiries to him.  I'm afraid his long anticipated Sheridan/Casper Division history and his fourth color volume of Burlington photos will never appear.  Very sad!  Alzheimer's is truly a devastating disease.

Hol