Re: [CBQ] Re: Gas Electric Photo ID Help

To: "CBQ@yahoogroups.com" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Re: Gas Electric Photo ID Help
From: "ralph linroth wcman8@yahoo.com [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2015 19:44:26 +0000 (UTC)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1420919068; bh=hD7hUfrADH/qF2RPsdOiBocNwWBjTBOtlQv8OZeOdpI=; h=To:In-Reply-To:References:From:List-Id:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:From:Subject; b=REjXSUZuj8n6joqaE/UZID85xn0+vg7MK8++50nS1p3efHCqFXulyZHfatKmTYJSDEOPBpflGIv3ym/5V3LQ02aufCay2a5pFNHFwaSQTCEitf5eDZlBqFbvDC8Rg8NzEi7PeDO5MwxOvS7YwdcZDKwPcRBnWlHPGfAiDYReJYk=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Hello group.  I was unable to pull this photo up on my computer so I asked Archie Hayden to forward it to me.  I have a personal knowledge about this car as I knocked it off the track sometime in the late 1970's.  It was the crew locker room /office/supply car.  It was located on a short storage stub track down near the International Harvester plant right next to the plant lead.  We had just spotted the plant and was reaching in on the stub track to get 1 car to set it over on a short track on the side of the plant called "South maple".  I took the 2 unit consist over the switch lined it for the stub track and gave the engineer an easy back up sign (we had just passed the car coming out of the plant so the engineer knew it was just in the clear of the plant lead).  To make a long story short the engineer put the engines in reverse and leaned over to put his coffee cup in his "grip" and did see me washing out as the engine was coming back too fast.  I ran out wide flagging down just in time to see the engines hit the box car.  The engines hit the coupler so hard the pin did not drop and the car took off and ran down the stub track about 5 cars lengths and hit the coach knocking the rear half off of the end of the track.

The coach was moved about 1 1/2 miles south to where we called two tracks cleaning tracks 1 and 2.  These tracks are where the empty box cars for the International plant were stored.  It was placed on a couple pieces of panel rail where nobody could hit it again.  The power poles in the background of the picture verify this location.  No one received any discipline for this incident and the coach/car was not damaged.  The only real loss was the afternoon job's conductor had his coat hanging over the stove and the collision knocked it down on the stove where we found it well done.  Bud Linroth ex-Canton Road switcher brakeman.