[CBQ] Re: Terminal Transfers

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Terminal Transfers
From: "tardis221b@yahoo.com [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: 13 Dec 2014 15:53:41 -0800
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Guys,

I find it all depends on what ever agreements where made up between the two roads.  For a long time in the Chicagoland area the run from the home terminal to the foreign yard and caboose hop back was the norm.  But in bigger terminals with multiple players the roads would meet up together once a year to hammer out agreements for interchange to suit their needs.  In Chicago the roads meet once a year in a I.S.A. conference(Interchange Service Agreement).

The BN changed their agreement in the late 80's with the IHB to have each road take turns every three months when it came to interchanging cars between Cicero and Blue Island.  Until recently the CNW/UP and the MILW/CP used to adhere to the three month agreement in Chicago, but now have switched to a six month agreement.  A lot of the roads still just deliver and return power only.  It changes road to road, sometimes year to year.

Joe

Posted by: tardis221b@yahoo.com