[CBQ] Savanna and Oregon, IL Local Switching Duties

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [CBQ] Savanna and Oregon, IL Local Switching Duties
From: "thommack@yahoo.com [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: 10 Nov 2014 08:42:45 -0800
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Was there local power assigned at Savanna that went out from Savanna on local runs or was whatever power was laid over used for local work? Did the road power do its own flat switching, kicking cars in the yard? Also I don’t seem to have info on what local freights might have run out of Savanna and to where.

I believe Oregon (which I also model) was covered by a local out of Eola(?) that dropped off cars and I know that there was at least a switcher or geep (depending on the era) assigned to Oregon that ran the Mt. Morris branch local. But I don’t recall if Carnation and downtown Oregon were switched by the same locomotive that handled the Mt. Morris job or if the local from Eola switched them? Also, does anyone recall how the sand plant at Oregon was switched? I know in the Q days it tied up the main (before the longer siding paralleling the main was installed). Again, was that the same Eola job that came in switched both the area right in Oregon and then the sand plant. Or was that handled by a local locomotive and crew based in Oregon?

Tom Mack - Preparing for winter on the C&I...

Cincinnati, OH

Posted by: thommack@yahoo.com