Re: [CBQ] Quincy & Hannibal

To: "CBQ@yahoogroups.com" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Quincy & Hannibal
From: "Erik spoony81@att.net [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2014 10:33:48 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1409585246; bh=GLHLA5EwcK8PELVm8bMm8fN5Wa31JzoMx0nr2ESwhVM=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-YMail-OSG:X-Yahoo-SMTP:References:X-Mailer:In-Reply-To:Message-Id:To:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:X-Original-From:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=euvK5myhzIulZzpe+3fd358jTKRu88URAx85UKEnGNBkgBMDOyPQXwmw1jWdsJQ4DEYVHWB1OLzhaBW3PtUNKgJzPUU+IgL3JC4HdhCeUVa6L53pT038eYSnoh+jYGj7Og323Xev/czkQ5OPXIlozg7ehVCOWEnwDMofRU8mct8=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Everything in Quincy is right by the old yard on Bonansinga drive which runs
along the Quincy Bay off the Mississippi. Go westbound on Broadway(IL 104) and
instead of going across the bridge into Missouri go to the left of the bridge
down the hill to the river. The old Burlington Freighthouse will be on your
right (almost under the bridge). You can still see the Burlington Route herald
on the SE corner of the building. As you continue down you will see the Pier
Restaurant in front of you. That is built on a pier of the old Burlington
bridge across the bay, a lighthouse on the island side is also sitting on an
old pier. The yard is to the right against the bluff and you will see a tan
stone building with a metal roof. That is the old engine facilities, the old
passenger station once stood on the bluff directly east of that. If you
continue north on Bonansinga Drive you will see a low road bridge going across
the bay to the island. That is also the old Burlington bridge that was used to
access the old bridge across the Mississippi. Not much across the river in West
Quincy anymore. Just a large yard with no public access as far as I know. The
passenger station was torn down after the 93 flood (if I'm wrong on that
someone can correct me). If I missed anything someone can fill in the blanks.
Have fun
      Erik

Posted by: Erik <spoony81@att.net>

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com