Re: [CBQ] Student Trips

To: "CBQ@yahoogroups.com" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Student Trips
From: "Leo qutlx1@aol.com [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2014 09:58:56 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1400684339; bh=TaSxD+VYjlTJvfizzS3zShQVaCKztMbDjo2pYFgk2c0=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:References:X-Mailer:In-Reply-To:Message-Id:To:x-aol-global-disposition:x-aol-sid:X-AOL-IP:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:X-Original-From:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type; b=KPMdmXqxDY+rZWj3MBCTijaymr8fnmWnJ9FIk5gZzshuL9AsUPoEiju7+NxUXhFqaK6rDuNFilXeb3BQVggvidc1KEJPmPvqsOllDAQNONp7LEolQ0lefsafw1O+8x4UVvHu2gIkWXuIeVL9bHJ6VRDNXdy9rNOp4TF4Jnvw9oQ=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Got me. The only thing I can think of was you were between Denrock and Savanna
and he complying with rule 99.

One never got in any trouble with him as he was always complying with the
rules. Well except sometimes......

I'll never forget the first trip with him on the Wayfreight around the horn.
Were rolling along westbound on the pump handle on a beautiful summer day. I'm
taking in the scenery for awhile then look across the cab and there's no one in
the engineers seat ?! Were moving at more or less trk speed. I find old #1 out
the back door on the walkway playing catch with a tennis ball off the side of
the engine ! Others have told me that's where he would do his deep knee bends
also while rolling along.

Remember how he would make each and every station stop to do work with the
train stretched tight as a rope so you had to get the slack each and every time
?

Hey he stayed around well over 50 years.

Leo

Sent from my iPad