Re: [CBQ] Student Trips

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Student Trips
From: "Jpslhedgpeth@aol.com [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2014 10:45:36 -0400 (EDT)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1400597139; bh=WYmzi+8SQzc2Qda9fHwFKnvXjQ4/waZRvSSyid+3Eg8=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:References:To:In-Reply-To:X-MB-Message-Source:X-MB-Message-Type:X-Mailer:X-Received:Message-Id:x-aol-global-disposition:x-aol-sid:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:X-Original-From:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type; b=bw1VxIoYTBoanb0ciM5fvv7HaEEkveN7VMSuikZRzE0hZgWeidJmJ/loAIBA3uDK+iOzr3GU5bkoBWA/Y8xR2kQDjpLUltRPBJgjFeQdlN69yowGfDxlrwqb/XVh8xbgkw688Lt2/zBXYzhX7vcO8huXmN5zlBe/mkiXV3uzgFg=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Leo et al

I too thought that the just  "wandering around and getting on whatever train
you could" was somewhat different from my own experience

My student trips here on the Lincoln Division summer 1956 consisted of a round
trip on the Lincoln-Hastings Local...about 12 hours each way with  one of the
"wildest" conductors on the division...He was very nice to me and I was
fortunate to have on the head end  (which is where a student belongs" a young
brakeman who had served in WW II and hired out in 1946...He was a nice guy and
showed me everylthing he could...The other trip was on the Lincoln-Columbus
local...a like  "long leggeed" 16 hour job.  These were of course unpaid...

I don't remember having to have the conductor sign anything on either of these
trips...After the second trip I just called the crew caller told him what time
I tied up and he marked me up on the brakeman's extra board.

Pete