Re: [CBQ] More on Ne-12 Waycars

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] More on Ne-12 Waycars
From: Scott Myers <myers.scottv@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 3 May 2014 20:08:23 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1399165708; bh=8+VASmasqChSt0/U58R3MuJc+Ph5A9hOR9jq3k1EtR4=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:In-Reply-To:References:Message-ID:To:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type; b=ui9ryNfrCBYsQQXZPw0aEKWgAz83ohw6fjXIR2trk2ZY/fHO3dRuIJhphLs26YtJJaKjFTgehfK0A2Tmf+SAihfId37rr16CGN1HOXfeTcL44HfydPmg7p13siXFE+02+O7sXkZxrEHlZSci/r7MypL6IgDYlL4xFR283bsOHOY=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Thanks for the various tips and suggestions, guys.  I ended up removing the
roofwalk using a cylindrical grinding wheel in a variable speed Dremel tool
operated at the lowest speed.  First, to protect the roof and the roof
seams, I taped (using painter's tape) along each side of the roof walk.
This would also show me if I was accidentally starting to grind too low or
had strayed from grinding down the roofwalk itself.  I was quite pleasantly
surprised how well this worked, as I was able to grind down the roofwalk to
where it was flat with the roof (or at least not noticeably sticking up
above the roof) without any filing or sanding beyond the use of the Dremel
tool.  Plus, it really didn't take me all that long.

And yes, as several pointed out, the LH window on the non-cupola end needs
to be plugged.

Scott Myers