[CBQ] Close call 3

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Close call 3
From: Leo <qutlx1@aol.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2014 18:14:06 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1398640446; bh=gw3sE+vLvP/39vI1LD+0XyMl+PffqwHXpZLHInV8EMQ=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Mailer:Message-Id:To:x-aol-global-disposition:x-aol-sid:X-AOL-IP:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=SwUkj2DYTLQCNpSY2GEjaHQzdQX4P01Bp6ijC70OlQ2gbiJOfR1G/+GaEFK3MN0yEovsPtkfZyZmRewmqP8r3Qt9EbcOed4R5E+a1PqGu0oqBoHwpRse5Qe5w/ehptYBkUphOHJGBtdyqlUp4k8vUkeuoeOGFfYtMefwYvLsBXw=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
We are ordered "around the horn". Savanna-Denrock-Mendota-Cicero instead of
Savanna - Aurora-Cicero. As usual this is because of a heavy,underpowered train.

As we're in the Savanna yard office waiting for our eastbound train the Milw.
Nitrin job leaves town on trackage rights to Ebner where they go over to Milw
trks. Toward the Quad cities. He's long gone before our train shows up.

It's an early spring morning with fog. Our train arrives and we head out toward
Denrock. We're cruising along at Thompson as we go by the old CB&N depot. Roger
is looking off into space on the right side of the cab. I'm looking around and
then down the right of way. In the mist I see an orange glob that seems to be
stationary on the track in front of us. I ask Roger "what's the orange thing in
front us ". He takes a look,hesitates for a second and then "wipes the clock"
on the train brake valve. We come to a jerky stop and can now see the Milw job
head off down their branch at Ebner. No flagging done.

45 cars back from the engines theres a knuckle out the east end of a car. Long
story short we drop a E knuckle off for Marshall and I stay with it. Then pull
up 45 cars he flags  with a fusee, we install the knuckle, and shove back to
make the joint and away we go.
No arbitrary of any kind. Just a 30 minute or so delay.

Just another day at the office. And yes we doubled Ohio hill too a little later
in the day.

Leo

Sent from my iPad

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com