RE: [CBQ] Close Calls 2

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [CBQ] Close Calls 2
From: "Rupert & Maureen" <gamlenz@ihug.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2014 13:30:10 +1200
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1398389409; bh=LYv/K9q+9JillBv6dOLga05NCGCbXmTAJrXkM//1XYg=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Cloudmark-SP-Filtered:X-Cloudmark-SP-Result:X-IronPort-AV:X-Received:To:References:In-Reply-To:Message-ID:X-Mailer:Thread-Index:X-MimeOLE:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type; b=4BjR5iHzPbnW9BDcTpHbqEPZuR1aictVOeiePBeeJILJDgl9BfY/KsxnrnISBqoSxvaCrsaGkwRCs6DJnFKLfmu+8XECOm6LSVmC30oDXppu7v6qa6kPy8ZocmemjWvdU/FbvH6FLp7iks6pMcPuT5v2G7hB4uJSt81ZSovpsGE=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Leo

Thanks for the explanation. Four resultant questions.

Was there a minimum time or distance factor between stations A and B before
a claim could be made? A return trip between two stations is a bit like the
length of a piece of string. An extra day's pay for perhaps an hour's
activity sounds very generous (assuming that it was actually paid).
Do I gather that this additional payment was made in addition to overtime
(The time engaged in making the lapback may be deducted from their regular
trip when computing overtime.)
Did all the crew have to make the return trip in order to qualify or was it
sufficient for part of the train/crew to make the journey?
Was there a limit to the number of lapbacks that could be claimed in one
period of duty?

Rupert Gamlen
Auckland NZ

  _____