RE: [CBQ] Walthers USRA 2-10-2

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [CBQ] Walthers USRA 2-10-2
From: "Dan Almosnino" <danalm@gte.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2014 14:23:53 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1394486642; bh=rBTaHcGqXayTbGCu+0VikcxzTA9Tc4jNGpVQ/+PN2Cs=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:To:References:In-reply-to:Message-id:X-Mailer:Thread-index:Content-language:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type; b=ORs8Jaq3pS7hGgvjGAkzMV5eqoCJ/ViSErNTymF4816JftpNZn6/JBBvQyYThQwunzRfx6OkGl23J43oMcidVq6314AAbPFGm37pj45uhI9/bvTxozpcVRfuFJQzoGUV2xnvGGK+F+1hxeyLvAeoRZPjpQvfiSSOpNTmzPFfgvc=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Hi Ken,

I have done it on an N-Scale Concor 2-10-2.

I used GHQ Mikado kit (I don't know if it's available in HO) for a
Worthington feedwater and air pump and I also added some missing pipes.

Later years photos show also a compressed air reservoir added in front
(slightly underneath the boiler).

The kit can be used to add additional features such as window-top shades.
However one additional thing to consider which requires some work is that
the prototype M3 came with a USRA tender.

That tender was modified very soon after delivery for a higher capacity coal
load by increasing the height of the bunker walls (check photos) and I did
that modification by using styrene pieces.

I also added DCC sound into the tender.

One good source of photos that can help you is Otto Perry's collection of
photos currently located in the Denver public library (accessible online).

Good Luck,

Dan