Re: [CBQ] Pre-1900 CB&Q Chicago Divison Photographs

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Pre-1900 CB&Q Chicago Divison Photographs
From: LZadnichek@aol.com
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2014 15:36:45 -0500 (EST)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1393792611; bh=EUyx2WZUj5ErBlBecgbPUNrd7QNHxQ2zQ3jPfgB8jZE=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Full-name:Message-ID:To:X-Mailer:x-aol-global-disposition:X-AOL-VSS-INFO:X-AOL-VSS-CODE:x-aol-sid:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Reply-To:Content-Type; b=0aEY9LdmjFZf2V47lSVdAtXopxxptk7XbOIqtDuxn5VRFm+ztDLPzB58fAN7RpOGA7/vXiRcZrOcLHaihOzy/ouK1rez5No/JTWscRJ2/ou+pHtG7lxj+HlHB2OHvRkRzH0HRzlFKmOsTl3pqDBxNc6+yH04lMDiKzzAzUf2/YY=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
March 2, 2014

Charlie/Ken - I, too, Googled several different variations of "Shaw's Mammoth Photographic Rooms" and came-up with nothing other than the genealogical links that Charlie mentioned. I noticed on the DeadFred link that the individual cabinet card photographers were linked to at right from the web page. Ken, if the name of the photographer is on the backside of the cardboard mounting, perhaps, the image could be traced in that manner. If not, then, perhaps, one of the moderators at the genealogical web sites would have some ideas on how to access any railroad subject images tied to "Shaw's Mammoth Photographic Rooms." Might be worth a shot. I'm going to stay out of it as too many cooks spoil the broth, but wish you guys success. Hope you can locate some other interesting images of the Q in its earliest days. I agree with Ken about 53 most likely being wrecked beyond repair and thus disappearing from the roster by 1870. Not an uncommon occurrence in those long ago days. Still, what a beautiful example of the classic American 4-4-0 type.

Louis Zadnichek II
Fairhope, AL