[CBQ] Re: Mile Post/Signal Mast number colors

To: whstlpnk@ix.netcom.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Mile Post/Signal Mast number colors
From: "Phillips, III, J.A." <whstlpnk@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2014 03:10:11 -0800 (GMT-08:00)
Cc: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1392894612; bh=H5M/JPqbqIJww7BnBc3439+V4/qRG5RbqZsPe/xn5Uo=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Message-ID:To:Cc:X-Mailer:X-ELNK-Trace:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=QJFqtZ8ETDh0KnfczlculQyyH5E+6gYVBjnzo9ueWtTi9sJeVadQgqOSvpEtTkvPKP5QkVbIhrXPT/LmT73y4xnXOE0DJNytBEzkXS7HhlDzk1R/29AdvHYRvj2iVmbydYehDmAPKjTffvTZ8zbWBdPK1xGEC4sEMPillKPuzZQ=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
GEH All-

Not a reply to Glen's question, but another question for Glen. I know the GN
and NP used a very deep metallic purple for their signal mast numbers. Did they
do the same for mile post markers? Same question for the Q -- were mile post
markers and signal mast markers all white on black, or mix-and-match (white on
black for mile posts, white on dark purple for signal masts)? Anyone know why
this apparently different set of color choices came about?

RSVP
John Phillips
Seattle

"I will put down the informal history of the shirt-sleeve multitude," says Inez
Mischitz. "What they had to say about their jobs, love affairs, vittles,
sprees, scrapes and and sorrows. The oral history is a great hodgepodge and
kitchen midden of hearsay. A repository of jabber. An omnium-gatherum of
bushwah, gab, palaver, hogwash, flap-doodle and malarkey. The fruit of more
than 20,000 conversations. What people say is history, what we used to think
was history, is only formal history, and largely false. I will put down the
informal history or I will perish in the attempt."

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com
    CBQ-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com