RE: [CBQ] Mile Post Markers- Mt. Morris or Oregon?

To: "cbq@yahoogroups.com" <cbq@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [CBQ] Mile Post Markers- Mt. Morris or Oregon?
From: GLEN <glenehaug@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2014 00:45:49 -0800
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1392885952; bh=KJJQR3xhYcRvZPIIJmhO1rh5x3izvCclldpim5U5k5Q=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-TMN:X-Originating-Email:Message-ID:To:Importance:In-Reply-To:References:X-OriginalArrivalTime:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type; b=PbvQt/j0kmytR9Bm6tCm4ALGxsZa2h7SuYereCSPonAU0tUPGK26aEGEOCTyIlbU3L07tycQPDGxv80IxRf61JqZwiqyWWlDCwZzI6K0a0bGhIjvu2vByEjsLLwOEWFncRcYQKyt9vGDmd5ojttc1+K1A1vOAsX3gquMDBA1NY4=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Trevor:

There should have been 7 mileposts between Oregon and Mt. Morris (#99 thru
#105).  Between Mt. Morris and Forreston there were 11 more (#106 to #116).  I
have the engineering survey stations for these mileposts, but I don't have
anything in front of me that would associate the milepost locations by Section
and/or Township.

If your property is just outside Oregon, the following information might help
to orient it to the railroad.  MP 99 was 1/2 mile west of the Oregon depot and
1/4 mile west of the switch to the Mt. Morris main.  There was a bridge over a
creek at MP 100.13, then a 3 degree curve to the right, and another bridge over
Bacon Creek at MP 100.60.  There was another bridge at MP 101.10, then two 2
degree curves to the left, and then a bridge at MP 101.90, then two 3 degree
curves to the right, then an underpass bridge at MP 102.84, which is roughly
half way to Mt. Morris.

If you can't orient the correct MP to your property from the above information,
then write back, and we will try something else.

Glen Haug