RE: [CBQ] Re: Mile Post/Signal Mast number colors

To: "cbq@yahoogroups.com" <cbq@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [CBQ] Re: Mile Post/Signal Mast number colors
From: GLEN <glenehaug@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2014 12:35:54 -0800
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1392928559; bh=CSEY2p6j9PqQuQP3o/UC1zol0XCzTg21A6LTONym7Jw=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-TMN:X-Originating-Email:Message-ID:To:Importance:In-Reply-To:References:X-OriginalArrivalTime:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type; b=DxV1aP6pM3u/OhNoWSchsK0yBz0Pt13w7nM076OD42uqkqY3CkqAfaTxwFZe2au9dG9w8nj5NGXqX1hzCV6jtS1fANhz22NpdUw+TvekyDBHw6IDB3jzz97OseWeO8+eItLxuncDocqdtghwcH5btDcJqzs4IFlu7BoS6HDVDM8=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
CB&Q mileposts were concrete posts.  The numbers were painted black.  Signal
numbers were white rectangular signs with black numbers and letters.

The NP mileposts were metal, painted black numbers and white background.
Originally they must have been hand painted, and they may have used
reflectorized signs just prior to merger.

As I recall, GN mileposts were a painted circle within a square-shaped sign
that was oriented like a diamond.  They were painted black and white, and I
think the numbers were white within the black circle, but I don't remember for
sure.  I think reflectorized signs may have been used prior to merger.

Glen Haug