FW: [CBQ] CB&Q Barriger Photos, CONSOLIDATED INDEX - More additions [2 A

To: CB&Q Group <cbq@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: FW: [CBQ] CB&Q Barriger Photos, CONSOLIDATED INDEX - More additions [2 Attachments]
From: Hol Wagner <holpennywagner@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2014 14:44:54 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1392846324; bh=PB3lQxtd1Uv1x2UeAzsxSmV5yTeIyQSAQ3eUdYrmfnI=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-TMN:X-Originating-Email:Message-ID:To:Importance:In-Reply-To:References:X-OriginalArrivalTime:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Reply-To:Content-Type; b=gpfzGClNGXdhAGQDxY2mBTfpIbrAMpbkuPxCUSLSngpzes8/aSf/SdvKYxgcguXtu3d+nrF7yapiqJz9X5vbzUkpZMFwkNEDxwvIanuTAWMxvz+WQ4tyIWJGjH8kHbukxi9B6RtC8hM1MWeAZXsKSHV37jbzaskDgd9qGJsqmS8=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Here are the other two.

Chris:

Yeah, there are four photos of the Aleutian in the Barriger collection -- all
taken in Wyoming.  And I was very pleased to find them -- see flipped and
cleaned up copies attached.  The car was purchased by the Q in 1940 from the
Copper River & Northwestern Railroad of Alaska, where it had been numbered 100
and was the private car of copper magnate Stephen Birch.  Why the Q named it
Aleutian is baffling, since it never came within 700 miles of the Aleuts and
the Aleutian Islands while it was in Alaska.  These are the only shots I have
seen of this car on the Q before it was rebuilt and modernized at the Aurora
shops in 1952, so they were quite a find for me.  The Q sold the car to the
Missouri Portland Cement Co. in 1966, and when they were through with it it was
donated to the National Museum of Transport in St. Louis.

Hol