RE: [CBQ] On the Road Again...

To: "cbq@yahoogroups.com" <cbq@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [CBQ] On the Road Again...
From: GLEN <glenehaug@msn.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2014 01:36:35 -0800
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1391247397; bh=DwsqarPWwzHXB6ygB2rgCUJo9Vl7k6fqA+3CAAMDM+M=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-TMN:X-Originating-Email:Message-ID:To:Importance:In-Reply-To:References:X-OriginalArrivalTime:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type; b=qqFD8/mi1HePwMZHQ2ECAP7fW0anGCCCBFyTKPaKj4VG4yXEKoHazfyJ+xC8G1Ws/hDnMiGI8BAwVykwHPl6BcLqX9RoPoBl/3G32X4N9DTQqOyfKUoKG2Lt4hjxMgNV0lT0Vv1scQ6jvW9p9cCuv/AKw6gzOL2IQFnaJhL8qhg=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Pete:

Some of the them are probably taken in Montana or Wyoming.  I think several others are on Lines East.

I think #7 is taken at NP Billings depot looking west.  #9 is at Monmouth looking west.  #10 is at the east end of the Mississippi River Bridge at Burlington.  #11 is south of the depot at Burlington looking geographically north.  I would bet that #14 is looking along the double track east of Lincoln near Havelock.  #15, #16, #17 are probably taken at Havelock, maybe during a Director's trip?  #18 and #19 are taken in the Lincoln yard.  Particularly #18 is looking east because you can see the capital building lined up with the hump lead.

I don't think #8 is on the CB&Q.  I say that because it looks like the junction at Helena Jct. (looking SE) between the NP double main between Helena and Garrison and the GN single main between Helena and Great Falls.

The one that had me stumped for a while is #20.  I believe it is at the east end of the interlocking at Ashland, Nebraska, looking east.  The 2 track signal bridge is definitely a standard CB&Q 2-track, Warren truss style signal bridge, plan 39005.  If Ashland is correct, then the signal bridge is No. 34.97.  The track to the left that does not go under the signal bridge is the Sioux City line.  Just beyond the signal bridge, you can see a curve to the left which is curve 46A on the line to Omaha.  The track on the right is the Louisville line.

Glen Haug