Re: [CBQ] Clyde classifications and locals

To: "CBQ@yahoogroups.com" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Clyde classifications and locals
From: Leo <qutlx1@aol.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2014 10:00:49 -0600
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1389801651; bh=VxMOoCP5uwM1Lb+QOdd8mm6rQOuUE82Z2UKtasgx5Ic=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:References:X-Mailer:In-Reply-To:Message-Id:To:x-aol-global-disposition:x-aol-sid:X-AOL-IP:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type; b=REYysR5AC4SMp/dptyozy6pGZSEbQVKUuRpHKUgWmUlyorin20aGS3lMh5CUuVrA1hi40iGHDup0CYwaQWRbsXz+sZrWB3nA86clrh9cDCSezvdCPimDrTN7ohRWRlPxgPSCS9kNQ6shsrStQ4fr1bxVwRCeIDqDDTe+yLMhDPQ=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Joe,

Lavernge ave at the west end of Clyde was the dividing point between road crews and yard crews. The only road local going west was the Congress park job that brought back the IHB interchange from there and other work. All work,east of La Vergne was done by yard jobs.

I recall sitting in the roundhouse office in the mid 70s looking at the yard assignments that totaled something like over 70 separate jobs. I also recall that by the later 70s  the list was more like 48 or so(for both numbers I may be off a bit as it's been awhile).

A short response on classification at Cicero is that it took eastbound trains into d yard and made up the eastbound transfers from them to the other carriers. The eastern carriers sent transfers to Cicero that went into the receiving yard,were humped into the bowl and the blocked into westbound trains in the departure yard. This action never stopped. It was 24/7.

Could go on for many paragraphs but that's the short version.

Leo Phillipp

Sent from my iPad