Re: [CBQ] CB&Q Headlights & Number boards

To: "CBQ@yahoogroups.com" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] CB&Q Headlights & Number boards
From: Philip Weibler <pawnbaw@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2013 11:46:30 -0800 (PST)
Cc: "brucec12@centurylink.net" <brucec12@centurylink.net>
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1387655193; bh=SOHsLC7l0Oz6e80GxzQNWRSTYgc2qWoSVGbUdnDGe+s=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-YMail-OSG:X-Received:X-Rocket-MIMEInfo:X-Mailer:References:Message-ID:To:Cc:In-Reply-To:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type; b=akHAXKa/WcKnMFjO7T5SoORK30JAcGju7W0VwgXe23JmaOjTqfG2shexeSRrYT9NWBNVySfETgUzzy6kXvUPC9AQEcpgSzrguCYxdonEhBmufsj2OcYpxyfBTjJu7/q8vkydJsuQdlI4e6yEHEAzVozB2CdBS68PVQN/8lvfNn8=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Hello Bruce -
These headlights were common on the 0-6-0s and 0-8-0s that I saw at Hannibal, Missouri, and
Quincy, Illinois, so I checked my photos.  The numberboards were the type that would be illuminated.
The number panels would typically be a sandwich of white glass, a piece of heavy black stencil paper
with the numbers cut out, and a clear glass outer cover.
On the real locomotives light bulbs behind the number boards could be lit even when the headlight was off.
Sounds like you've got some 'fussin' to do.  Good luck.  Let us see how these turn out.        PAW