[CBQ] Re: 1956 mty stock cars eastbound

To: "CBQ@yahoogroups.com" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [CBQ] Re: 1956 mty stock cars eastbound
From: kelley wright <kaiserwillieii0815@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2013 11:24:55 +0000 (GMT)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1387020298; bh=7yuAzaHEUfK+rOO5Ne6bl5UodEwTn3n/sUsVwdAJXRQ=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-YMail-OSG:X-Received:X-Rocket-MIMEInfo:X-Mailer:Message-ID:To:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type; b=pPUzElBkvIvIvCCEDgxlnkO6YNyi+2T4RM702g+/dldmkkJsdmHKG5SUswBkP+WWHEVSBg8TmOxAyDzS9oHYOj7VihPsUGVFHKosoDUMR+O2LT1F4qPkilW9B8fkola4Fa5IkPCyQ9lPVb4a9dRadnMzyoRyWggUE/70Qe6vMGo=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Not to say it is the particular case for these particular pictures, but during the fair season, I know that show cattle was transported around Illinois in stock cars. My brother was hired out by my neighbor who raised Red Poll cattle, and he traveled with them, in stock cars to  the  fairs up North, around 1968-1970. Again it might not have anything to do with these particular cars, and I would not have a clue which railroad they would have used (local roads include the CB&Q, IC, GM&O, C&EI, L&N, and I am probably still missing a few) that crisscrossed Southern Illinois. There were still a few stock yards around and a lot of the fairgrounds around had tracks going to them still. This might be something to consider when people are modeling a railroad , and want to add a few stock cars.

GVSTATVS SIMILIS PVLLVS !
Kelley Wright