[CBQ] Plastic U25C's

To: <NPModelers@yahoogroups.com>, <bnlist@yahoogroups.com>, <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [CBQ] Plastic U25C's
From: "Micheal Farley" <mfarley@midco.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2013 20:57:37 -0600
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1385607459; bh=gLs26FZHn6Jd7kXa4WcoDapq2KdQdfIVCY9rXvTCtwU=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-RC-FROM:To:Message-ID:X-Mailer:Thread-Index:Content-Language:X-MAG-OUTBOUND:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type; b=uVktTSb9imnVuIVBy9Ia+j0f7SK/6OUR5kW4o7PpsIlzXcxjcqMqfwOD6NZpe6oBQcHTxeFRhvmvVVgpT/4+VNZoFX++gTqdSZ+AgIQI+V3SlicDObDiK+zhgVL5YgO3sge91qXO2N96lHr9j6iO2vv/flczEVBn+vUooIzchhU=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

It’s been nearly six months now since there were two (count them, two!) announcements of forthcoming U25C’s in HO scale. Peculiar about both of these announcements was that they were simply that, just announcements. Since these announcements, the projects seem to have largely disappeared. Nowhere have I seen any retailers taking reservations for either manufacturer’s products, test shots showing tooling, estimated shipping dates, etc. It is such commonplace these days in our hobby that pre-orders must be met before anything is produced, so the lack of ability to make reservations causes me pause. Did anyone go to Trainfest and see these manufacturers and talk to them about the project? Does anyone have any type of information that we can hang our hats on that some of us may actually be running U25C’s in plastic on our railroads in six months or a year from now?

Micheal Farley

Bismarck, ND