RE: [CBQ] Oil on the Q in World War Two

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [CBQ] Oil on the Q in World War Two
From: "Harold Huber" <sarge9@bresnan.net>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2013 08:04:40 -0600
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1383228290; bh=qOXaDT1OgwZtKPtN0UXV/Afl4OvprkBRG8Z2ZhnKo/g=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-CNFS-Binding:X-CNFS-Scan:X-CNFS-Analysis:X-CM-Score:X-Scanned-by:X-Received:To:Message-ID:X-Priority:X-MSMail-Priority:X-Mailer:In-Reply-To:Importance:X-MimeOLE:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type; b=U3nvdcLSx9JYFb3jUEiqF5JtXjMOP5VGL0cMupQyOMSBeSQnSkY4BHV2ou9gNCjk5cFus6v0NnAsvYyGLYjPjgBdU/kA3FErwso315gA6IvzHIbYx1EKv3wkJySktcluGI0nccCNxTF2545sa7agGn8vJdHUz2YciykiaNUrlKI=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

John,
I have photos of the Mutual Oil tank Cars in a train from Cowley Oil Refinery and shot at Siddons, WY (outside of Bonneville, WY) by Warren R. McGee 11-19-1945, photo 5511.  His photo Collection is at the State Museum Of Montana.  With that said I have been there twice and have not gained entry even into the building much less to the collection room.  I have been told they have not been cataloged and are in a box somewhere.  So much for having a collection and not letting anyone see it.  Mutual Oil based in Kansas City MO had 2 refineries in Wyoming, one in Cowely and one in Glenrock at the "Big Muddy oil Field". Shipped to Kansas City.  Bob's Engine House had a run of 6 - 8,000 gallon tank cars from Inter Mountain with the correct lettering and 6 different numbers.  This was 5 - 10 years ago, I bought all 6 as they represent a piece of Wyoming History and I model the Q from Lysite Wyoming to Bonneville Wyoming and have narrow gauge into the Owl Creek Mountains North of these two towns (stops).  Lots of gold, silver and copper miningg, but copper was the major product.  If you have been down the Wind River Canyon to the east is the area I am talking about.  Shoshone, WY is the closest town in today's topography.  I was searching top see if possible he (Warren) took more photos of the area  that I could acquire.
Harold Huber
Ultimate Research, LLC