[CBQ] F3s 9960-9962 [5 Attachments]

To: CB&Q Group <cbq@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [CBQ] F3s 9960-9962 [5 Attachments]
From: HOL WAGNER <holpennywagner@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 7 May 2013 09:19:52 -0600
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1367940050; bh=wUvEnz7ca5JHVBomIvgYTBQf8v7BzmR7L6G8aUltF+o=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-EIP:X-Originating-Email:Message-ID:To:Importance:X-OriginalArrivalTime:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type; b=Xv8sdK931h2gjIxtOKwnkF/9+OvJom+nnbvPKHmrfgKpii+WSY63kaUWxr2+2vWjiN28DdkvCIWLiDDa07o/xAoQt+Bi+gOzVH3s0Sen3yl9aYFJzM7jKdvAtjZkWGbYV38TIWwvzV7s8Fb6s4yXsFh/MNp8nZxc0LtZFYnlG/k=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
[Attachment(s) from HOL WAGNER included below]

Found a fascinating file in sorting through material at the Colo. RR Museum library on Monday.  I've attached scans of the relevant pages.

By way of background, the Q used to hold occasional meetings for the system's road foremen of engines, generally a couple of times a year.  In advance of these meetings, road foremen would be solicited for ideas on topics to be addressed at the meeting.  A list of the topics selected would be compiled by the Supt. of Motive Power (Henry H. Urbach at this time) and the topics would be assigned to various road foremen and they would be required to prepare a paper on the assigned topic for presentation at the meeting.  This particular meeting was held at Lincoln on October 19, 1948, and the minutes of that meeting fill 21 pages.  Recommendations as to what action should be taken on the subjects presented (if applicable) would be made by the road foremen and those recommendations submitted to the SMP, who would go over them and essentially reach his own decision, regardless of the input of the road foremen.  Urbach had a typical strong-willed, stubborn German personality, and under his tenure few of the road foremen's recommendations were ever acted upon.  Such ws the case with this one.

I've scanned the first three pages of the minutes of the 10-19-1948 meeting, including a list of all those in attendance and the discussion on the topic of interest: reassignment of the passenger F3s, even before inauguration of the CZ.  I've also scanned the first page of Urbach's response to the road foremen's recommendations, issued on 12-15-1948.  And finally, I've included a notice dated 3-1-1948, in which Urbach's title was changed.

Enjoy!

Hol

Attachment(s) from HOL WAGNER

5 of 5 Photo(s)