[CBQ] Re: Question re; spring switches

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Question re; spring switches
From: "mdeckergwtcnet" <mdecker@gwtc.net>
Date: Tue, 07 May 2013 03:39:45 -0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1367897987; bh=j2wFa41oCxH8Txehi31FM4dnEmdZ0h3JbhPlj3BxnkA=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:To:Message-ID:In-Reply-To:User-Agent:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:X-Yahoo-Post-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=XyZ9whWykkmfbFKxbMoSMs35Wvt5m8PIL22ccEAp7Z0LaU680Fuj5gaJWcdGoytNuDWfw4TbIoDFfVouqToH1sV3Kmu3jQrPqEUUF+RQyEJAeeHjxqdkHIlwDMZvwN7mCNHRgQ2d9Gaf8dUdNj8/kZRKMkiHiY5G9vkaZFTqQiI=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Hi Larry.......

Yes, they do.  The one we had at the West end of the Gillette yard had a
regular low level switch stand that you could use to line it if you needed to.
The target was red and yellow instead of red and green.  One of our brakemen
got "swiped" by the handle one day when he stepped on the lock pedal, account
there was a wheel holding the stand spring loaded in the other direction.  He
didn't get killed, but he had a sore jaw for a while.

We've also got "variable" or "rubber" switches which, when you "trail" through
them, snap over to the direction of the track you are coming out of.  Those
switches stay put after you trail through them, they don't spring back.  Oh,
ya, I'm not supposed to know that they are there LOL

BNMike

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com
    CBQ-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com