Re: [CBQ] New Truxton, Missouri RR Station History

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] New Truxton, Missouri RR Station History
From: Kenneth Martin <kmartin537@surewest.net>
Date: Wed, 1 May 2013 10:45:36 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1367430341; bh=v10qkgZMGs3D/u4Jvy3QLRCJ9QtS9NNq8uwLvwfTqqI=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-RC-FROM:X-RC-RCPT:X-Received:In-Reply-To:To:References:Message-Id:X-Mailer:X-MAG-OUTBOUND:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type; b=J161H5jmLM1/7eZZOp60i1XMSlivvvuc/udw1yAsoMpES6J8A8oGKFZ22EX4HQjgG//cmaeA+XFZBAH2MDr6igGb2HP6/C6xsonoJif4URH0WGfVUApLsTJY/888tcZP7o9LXDqDWMdMiflmUnUo8TbEARWB8YVtEVMdOrB1kHk=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Bill,

I don't have specific info on New Truxel but the Railroad Gazette in1904 had an article on the construction of the line.

from the "Corporate History of the CB&Q RR"

AUTHORITY FOR CONSTRUCTION

   Pursuant to the general law of Missouri and to resolution of the Board of Directors of the Chicago, Burlington and Quincy Railroad Company, adopted on March 31, 1903 and May 11, 1903, respectively, the said company declared its intention to locate and construct a branch line extending from a point near Old Mexico, Missouri, northeasterly to a connection with the Chicago and Alton Railroad at or near Mexico, Missouri. Resolutions filed with the Secretary of State of Missouri, April 8, 1903 and May 23, 1903.

TERMINI AND DESCRIPTION

   Branch Line: From a connection with the Chicago, Burlington & Quincy Railroad at Old Monroe, Missouri, thence northwesterly to a connection with the Chicago and Alton Railroad at Francis, Missouri a distance (first main) of 63.27 miles, all in Missouri

CONSTRUCTION

   Construction commenced in the summer of 1903 and the line was completed in August 1904, and open for traffic on September 1 1904.

OPERATION

  This line has been operated since the date of its completion by the Chicago Burlington and Quincy Railroad Company.

Ken Martin