[CBQ] Re: Train order delivery

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Train order delivery
From: "william" <macon249@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2013 19:26:42 -0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1366490592; bh=FgG1T3aE5L1Os7qdd+rJl5orPfmCcHax/PfpYcsW7ic=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:Received:Received:Received:DKIM-Signature:Received:Received:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:To:Message-ID:In-Reply-To:User-Agent:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:X-Yahoo-Post-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:X-eGroups-Approved-By:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=z0VWFNokMTu3s5A3VO1HTir8hikqz1VM9x76kOb5noOyQ8gZ9t2FAdera8yWtdzmtIexReY7uy1fXX93ziGSUKRU7zBviGf7lgAvmNZPhJLCPJry6IRKy9WNz6mj5SQpVlTPyHAQCu/jUQj/7WayBmmShG+7BcG50vh+Isd4YYA=
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1366490592; bh=nKn2tfCdMPK3FwfSEgnPUWMmD4ECjGPnADhloDOW2g4=; h=Received:Received:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Date:To:Message-ID:In-Reply-To:User-Agent:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:X-Mailer:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:X-Yahoo-Post-IP:From:Subject:X-Yahoo-Group-Post:X-Yahoo-Profile:X-YGroups-SubInfo:Sender:X-eGroups-Approved-By:X-eGroups-Auth; b=EFE49NqvIUrjXEmw01S/kEi+FvnooPXyH4WWXkerBHtVygU5xqFik0HSY5eh/wLWMOALIRdqKF3thsc1YJ4NlqQvJ4cutCcSKtaEKKei1tkcShKKg9AOu7A3y1A55yvgI3tMGnqlT6pB8FFBegGjEIGBwwzmcj1C2veUhL3LBLk=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

--- In CBQ@yahoogroups.com, "Winton" <wyhog@...> wrote:

> I've never understood why RR management repeatedly let screw-ups come back to
> work. It is law that the union must defend and try its best to restore all
> members rights whether most of the rest of the local thinks the person should
> be permanently fired or not. So the union has no choice. But the RR managers
> do. There have been cases where fired employees never got back to work on the
> RR but those are the exceptions to the norm. Anybody can make a mistake but
> there are some who never learn yet are restored to service time after time.
> Frankly I don't want to run against those people, one day their screw-up
> might kill me. Get rid of them permanently.
>
> Years ago one crew around here failed to tie ANY handbrakes on a coal train
> they parked on a grade, and then cut off the lead unit to take it to the
> house without properly cutting in the new lead unit's air brakes. The train
> rolled off the hill into the yard, collided with the head end of another
> parked train, destroyed locos, knocked down a large concrete overhead
> pedestrian bridge, turned over numerous tank cars. The crews' punishment? To
> show safety films to crews coming on duty for two weeks, with pay. Huh?
>
> AK
>The answer is simple, their would be no one working. In years past short cuts
>were rewarded, and still goes on today. I've been on both sides and was a
>manager for 30 of my 40 years of service. Those who perform so to speak are
>never in danger of losing their jobs and basicly if you went strictly be the
>rules, no one would make it for very long. There are instances where some are
>dismissed, rare though. Kinda like I have heard from several high officers say
>"Only the dumb ones want to bust the Union" Its the basis of everyone's wages
>and benifits
William Jackson

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com
    CBQ-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com