[CBQ] Robert 'Bob' Stanage estate

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Robert 'Bob' Stanage estate
From: "Gerald Edgar" <gvlc6@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2013 19:57:21 -0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1363463843; bh=tyzl3u/Uql5OkRlCZ/QmE8/cJbJmTGbDzJixJ81shlo=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:To:Message-ID:User-Agent:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:X-Yahoo-Post-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=bR2f7iiBRjuh+tqh1KpSFXwcp8HYD03AjYhx4QovLdG8eX+BdiOLCekn9SceMVe9bOxlwrg+MFKVfYyDA/Euu4/XqFhBmcjPcAYKvmvPff6zGIDzgG5Z6SFusqqta9D3DYgvT+r710SlrIVTQMXkr4QdyjsCKlJ7EiSSFB3LvaI=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
In the week's ahead I will post info as to the CB&Q models & memorabilia
belonging to the late Bob Stanage.  I may up a list as well that would be
available off=list at gvlc6@hotmail.com

Here's a few items to whet you appetite.  All proceeds will go to Bob's son's,
Todd & Rob.  I failed to mention earlier that Bob, in addition to being 1 of
the 6 fellows who were the charter mbrs of CB&Q His Soc in July "76, co-hosted
the Dubuque Annual Meet 5-6 yrs ago.  He also contributed info to the original
CB&Q H.S. publications AND most importantly brought other new mbrs into the
group.

Complete CB&Q Conductors uniform: cap, vest, pants, coat, tie (Bob wore to 1 or
2 meets so fits an average guy about 5' 10" - I cannot find sizes anywhere)
Has all buttons/pins.  Hat is A.G. Meier Co of Chicago, uniform is all-wool E.
V. Price & Co of Chicago & was bought July 1, 1965 by Alen Lindvik, s/n 8289.
In superb condition

The Proto 2000 F3A - F3B set #160A & B - mint in separate boxes, never even
opened.

A CB&Q cedar cigar box, excellent condition (circa 1920's)

There will be china, brochures, lots of models inc. brass locos & the Shoreham
Shop KC/DZ set with E units, metal Varney, etc.  nearly ALL CB&Q except some
rolling stock of course!  Bob was a Q fan - period!

He also liked IH tractors so if you or a friend is into the special Farmall
train set of same, have that too mint in box.

I'm keeping some of the reference items such as an album of photos, mostly
1020's to 50's of 300 Q steam locos put together by the late Roger Tea of St.
Paul - another friend of Bob's and an early CB&QHS mbr.  There are also ALL
standard the Burlington/C&S/FW&D books inc. all THREE of Bernie Corbins (the
elusive H&S/K&W) and FOUR of Richard Overtons, 'Granger Country' with d/j
(scare), 'Burlington Strike' by Salmon (120 yrs old) AND the rare El Comancho
book (was to CB&Q what Buffalo Bill was to UP)  there is also a 120 yr old B&MR
in Neb tariff cabinet, etc.

Some items may be brought to the Spring Meet by Laird Brown as i will be unable
to attend OR I will bring to the NP/Q meet in Billings to save postage.

Gerald Edgar   (641) 923-2573

Gerald Edgar

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com
    CBQ-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com