Re: [CBQ] Fwd: BEWARE of bad RR books!

To: "CBQ@yahoogroups.com" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Fwd: BEWARE of bad RR books!
From: Charlie Vlk <cvlk@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2013 22:52:22 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1363146943; bh=EobmDuxnHXNfCSvuSqBqzv1etcEz8T4EY7lWfpVkHfc=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:References:X-Mailer:In-Reply-To:Message-Id:To:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type; b=FYIwA/CI7XGoK1/EX+37cBZ6pP9dq4VaVVwWRxvE5QQisuh2J2HpRu3E2XgXd/ABUKnKq/e4U4V2zTBPGv8N4Anap189GYhTfMiBJapv5ejYHM1RtREdDqFSms7jJ3VsPQeWpJ+8zINndkrPzjHxUErXOv0fQag7iQxgEfz7KVY=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

I was aware of this situation and ordered just such a book anyway.  The volume was relatively reasonably priced for what it actually is; a hard copy of a previously microfilmed book that Google digitized.
I was hoping that the fold out maps not in the digital version might somehow have made it into the copy, but alas they did not.  I ended up going to the holder of the original volume  and paying to have the full book, including the fold out maps scanned

As much as I utilize and appreciate digital media I still like hard copy. It is still easier to flip through pages to find something that you remember that may not have been fully indexed (a car in the background of a photo of an unrelated subject for example).
The books are not BAD, as long as they aren't represented as being originals they are what they are.  I am downloading PDFs of any digital books I find that have content I'm interested in or might need in the future as the electrons on the net have not been proven to have lasting access.  I can always cut and paste the bits I need and print them out if I choose....the prints of digital volumes may be just the thing for some people.  The cost might not be all that much more than printing books out yourself
Charlie Vlk

Sent from my iPhone