[CBQ] Passing of Robert (Bob) R. Stanage

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Passing of Robert (Bob) R. Stanage
From: "Gerald Edgar" <gvlc6@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2013 14:05:52 -0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1363097154; bh=9uGiEELYfYIksMyogLOCwlQUWdcsJpcWrZ1pJLIC2Ms=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:To:Message-ID:User-Agent:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:X-Yahoo-Post-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=ymQCUuF+6I//C6+gj4eWk5KVbiQ3DH8E+2i0OHsgIVn5p16mnCMhCLlfrewy5BuAotDIYIfDQExPGUES0ulcB0vIDB0e0D9SgLupDjKnWBXvo2dUui+KAmTjf5l7T+ITu5FSWR0h4QEd4BKnGxSbMbtnxzWogqftilaZKcukIEs=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
It is with a VERY great sadness I share the news we just lost one of the 6
founders of CB&Q H.S. nee BRHS, the premier Q china collector but more
importantly my closest freind, Bob Stanage. (he passed away early yesterday of
an appartent heart attack) Ginny & I met Bob & his then wife Kay in 1976 at the
NMRA National Convention.  From that meeting and with the encouragement of Bill
Glick, Dennis Popish, the late Jack Karnes et al, CB&Q His. Soc. was born.  FAR
more importantly Bob became our family's closest friend.  That's a word that is
often used but seldom lived - a real "friend". (for 37 years) Bob was at our
children's graduations, made numerous road trips with me to meets as well as
plain old Q railfanning, shared Christmases, etc.  He missed the last 2 meets
but some of you will recall one of the finest clinics BRHS has ever had; his
presentation on Burlington china.  Bob was a U.S. Navy vet(with his other good
CB&Q friend, the late Roger Tea), a one-time St. Paul. MN fireman before
marrying, former Caterpillar Sales Engineer, then with Kumatsu & later
installing solar signals on the AT&SF for a RR supplier.  For the past several
yrs he was living in Omaha working at Swanson Towers. (his late Mother and his
sister also are Omahans).  Bob was a Senior DeMolay, the VERY proud father of
Rob, an Air Force Academy grad & current USAF Attorney (JAG) and Tod, the
successful owner of several martial arts studios - both boys & their families
in Georgia.  I will post funeral arrangements later today: tentatively Thursday
at the Presbyterian church in Elk Horn, NE.  Many of you met Bob, as he either
hung around my table at meets or walked up & down the aisles greeting old Q
acquaintances & making new ones.  NO one in my lifetime exhibited more of what
it means to be a friend than Bob.  I am posting a photo taken at the West
Chicago meet in 2010 - I have many more but this one shows his classic smile.
It was his encouragement with Bill & Dennis' that conceived and made this group
happen.
May the Lord keep Bob's family in his arms AND remind each of us what it truly
means to be a 'friend'. I miss you Bob...... (and feel badly my words are not
doing you justice)

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com
    CBQ-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com