[CBQ] Re: Power Car On East End On Dinky

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Power Car On East End On Dinky
From: "chuck.zeiler" <czeiler@centurytel.net>
Date: Sat, 02 Mar 2013 19:06:33 -0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1362251194; bh=3ueFd2pTSWgqwilACqhuyLhmYGiKpLceKYhytoDnq8I=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:To:Message-ID:In-Reply-To:User-Agent:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:X-Yahoo-Post-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=y7h1zFLaxwDcxPGmiTD/HE5JFsjeINv2f3H70wXiuN4qHHAkhs+zR6cosRWL418WYl/j8sVnniMMQSfuCk4wuV61IcFpu6bZ99j2Mkn0f9FvTyJDwcLcm8E+WfMbnykgWRMGRCh97BpalyIwH7hRANlmYrnSRcOT69fPHNF4Yn8=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

According to the book, Burlington Route Passenger Car Diagrams (by Railway
Production Classics), the 7200 series power cars had a four-cylinder Cummins
diesel driving a 40KW generator, and the 7300 series had a six-cylinder Cummins
driving a 65 KW generator.  But, the basis of the question remains, why turn
the power car around in the first place?  Some crew had to have either put it
on a turntable or run it around a wye.  Why?

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com
    CBQ-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com