[CBQ] Passenger Service to Cody

To: CB&Q Group <cbq@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [CBQ] Passenger Service to Cody
From: HOL WAGNER <holpennywagner@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2013 10:11:04 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1358961189; bh=MLenkCXG4ydgJNaX6fk4rn6Il/9yL/dGf5rZMexTv6o=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-EIP:X-Originating-Email:Message-ID:To:Importance:X-OriginalArrivalTime:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type; b=aCaWY3J3Bv8xwE10Psg/dqrrQzYfSsRdfxnfRc+hcv9h57Xe9YEM8axshzlog4GM0ME5zv3bcmg/tlq0vBQpIQzWWxZE3m9zw0vavnvIMpUWGVMxLBLU0abCT7zV1yBYZTAeKaDRAlWvYmRCCuMcCPK1uysZp8pOZUm9ZHPygL8=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Since the discontinuance (during WWII) of the summer season Buffalo Bill (trains 25-26) between Denver and Cody, Wyo., providing service to Yellowstone National Park by way of the Cody Road and the park's east entrance, the only passenger service the Q had provided to Cody was a summer-only steam-powered train from Billings to Cody, offering connections there with Q trains from Lincoln and Alliance and with Northern Pacific trains from the Twin Cities and Chicago.  The NP also provided a smiliar connection service down its branch to the park's north entrance at Gardiner, Mont.

This Jan. 15, 1952, letter from C.E. Melker to H.F. Roesch addresses 1952 plans under the head, "Yellowstone Park Service for 1952" --