[CBQ] Hand Signs... was Abbreviation quiz

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [CBQ] Hand Signs... was Abbreviation quiz
From: "Charlie Vlk" <cvlk@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2013 09:58:31 -0600
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1357401520; bh=8mltwiSRFNvSMQyH715pZUNnkrNYofuYqMUqizx8Lco=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:To:References:In-Reply-To:Message-ID:X-Mailer:Thread-Index:Content-Language:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type; b=4GxstuOTvl42X0JbhjmwKL/NDoho5cimnAsK8rAfxFwZKm/HBefMxKgseo63lvak/5v7L9px7v8RYfchOiUByDpKXRDYJPWq+hxeLzKSvh0l6pPlDENESMByFGrBiFw+MGQMkXcICcVt4mxwJtbe5vIiP09eNA/WYaE5GG9oe6Q=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

To all our professional railroaders:

I know it would be difficult to pull together, but it would be great if you guys could write down and make crude sketches documenting the Hand Signs.

The Clinics on this subject at the meets are always great, but it would be worth documenting them in pictorial form….maybe with some stories around particular signs…..as a Bulletin article.

I am sure we could get somebody to illustrate the signs (I do technical illustrations but not so much human forms or cartoons).

Making up a list of actions that the hand signs covered might be a first start….then each action could have the different dialects / variations shown….that to me is another interesting aspect of this form of speech!!!

You may want to do this off-list or on…. I have no problem publishing stuff generated from lists as this medium is yet to be proven to be permanent for recording of history (except when somebody does something bad and it goes on Utube or somebody applies for a job!!).   Not all people interested in the Q are on email and a finished article will have more impact and permanence.

Charlie Vlk