[CBQ] Looking for info on combined Nebraska Zephyr-Kansas City Zephyr

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [CBQ] Looking for info on combined Nebraska Zephyr-Kansas City Zephyr
From: "Kujawa's" <xark@mtco.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2012 20:31:05 -0600
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echo; t=1353465068; bh=dB/l6HvAjAh8WReYj2sdgj0q87cgVuijlzauUTgvWdo=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-RC-FROM:X-RC-RCPT:X-Received:Message-ID:To:References:In-Reply-To:X-Priority:X-MSMail-Priority:Importance:X-Mailer:X-MimeOLE:X-MAG-OUTBOUND:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type; b=QwyEsGO+OHwT25xON9L0GtNzPwZ00PQT4KU4wuBOFWXawfkjiCKw2y/Np+oomzK8G3+rc7JcSzaQr8BMHsSnSVduWmsQPE/k3+ujpoPQw7lq2Bbbh86yu7sxjUSJmRGybX1lI+3BTa4NqLmfKW9h0LijiCo68HGkXsheEAOWX9s=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Here is some more info from Jules Johnson.
Roger Kujawa
Morton, IL. :

About CBQ trains 11/12 and 5/6.  I rode #11(Nebraska Zephyr) many times
between 1965 and 1967 going to school in Iowa.  #11 and #5 were combined
between Chicago and Galesburg.  The consist was:  E7/8 or 9s,
baggage-express, Quincy section with a dome coach and flat top coach, and
the 7 and then 5 unit articulated Nebraska Zephyr (ex Twin Cities
Zephyr)set.  At Galesburg, the middle section was switched out and coupled
to an awaiting single E unit.  I'm not sure if and head end cars were
transferred to the Kansas City Zephyr(#5).  The reverse was preformed for the
eastbound trains.  The motive power from the Kansas City Zephyr was left at
Galesburg, turned around, and made ready for the night trains, Ak Sar Ben
and American Royal Zephyrs.  When any eastbound train was late beyond a pre
designated time, each train would continue separately to Chicago.  The
Nebraska/Kansas City Zephyrs were mid-day and early evening arrivals at
Galesburg.   The Ak Sar Ben/American Royal Zephyrs were the night trains and
may have contained sleepers.  I do know that cars from the California Zephyr
were used on the night trains in pool service. There are some photos of a CZ
dome/obs on the end of the Ak Sar Ben Zephyr