[CBQ] Re: Dining in Savanna

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Dining in Savanna
From: "Larry Sallee" <lsallee@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2012 14:49:13 -0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1346251754; bh=NF3JtR307J253+deoIKXKPVf8lJC2E0Bh6FoJXxpdZ4=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:To:Message-ID:In-Reply-To:User-Agent:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:X-Yahoo-Post-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type; b=qNhYPF8sotc6cD9jbNICqsfG0bIrikor+w2ezSuDito7MJTLwkqJXvrZRReXCV/gVSUviv2Q9hvFisVWEAZYN5GvGXGFWF2Af/xOhcVd3eTbGGWltAupG9ar3G6C/hi4
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Thanks again to all for the suggestions. We tried to find the Brunswick, but on a slow drive down main street, we didn't spot it. Manny's looked like a nice enough pizza place from the outside, but since several of you recommended Poopy's, we decided to give it a try.

My wife's initial assessment was "this is definitely a guy place". Well, no surprise there, considering y'all warned us it was a little quirky ahead of time. But there were several families there, nobody got thrown across the bar, and the food was both plentiful and very good.  After a hot and exhausting day, it was a very refreshing dinner, and my wife's strength returned in no time: http://www.flickr.com/photos/lsallee/7887351694/

We did find the Radke House; there's a picture here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/lsallee/7887352608/ . The signs indicate that "Ralph G's Italian-American Restaurant" is now open. I was a little disappointed to see that the neon sign is gone (although the mount is still there). Seeing as how that would add significantly to the historical value of the building, I wonder what happened to it.

Larry