Fwd: [CBQ] Away from home accomodations

To: cbq@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Fwd: [CBQ] Away from home accomodations
From: qutlx1@aol.com
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2012 12:53:06 -0400 (EDT)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1345827202; bh=MxqdH4DhOFkkdF2b4HpSkgItofuioes3apIAyk7ztoU=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Message-ID:To:X-Mailer:x-aol-global-disposition:X-AOL-SCOLL-SCORE:X-AOL-SCOLL-URL_COUNT:x-aol-sid:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Reply-To:Content-Type; b=nIP1MbMoPeSJN6lCGe6OhZQDRne5G1VHBp/MODSi2okmsfu1cgXcztZp+HStRTBCzL02V3xXW0Sio0iwmWWjfwXK/72b5qSJQJEgmcsRo5mw3+xMU4oa0lUEOZgAl9uh
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Doug,

First I'm going to issue a caveat,I am answering from pure memory of reading the files 7-8 years ago. If my memory is correct a group of men working the Galesburg pool petitioned to set up a branch of the Aurora lodge at Galesburg and have the home terminal GT instead of Chicago. This is another huge file w/in the Aurora lodge BRT files.

Possibly Bud Linroth has some info. from his reading of Galesburg files over the years.

Just imagine having Savanna as the home terminal for the C&I pool ? It might actually have been better as we were spending as much or more time there as "home". Housing and land were a whole lot cheaper.

I was recently talking to 2 former C&NW men and they commented how the men in upper WI lived like kings because they received standard RR wages but had small town housing costs.

Leo Phillipp