[CBQ] Re: FW&D Cabooses

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: FW&D Cabooses
From: William Barber <clipperw@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2012 21:37:39 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1345516665; bh=cxypkGd9Gs8Nl/ZgYwaVjx9XNEWaVtFrtoda74vgzOQ=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:In-Reply-To:To:References:Message-Id:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type; b=GmxU7jdjvBE1qIeZ2bYWYZ8ksOO9DIq/zFsnKnpjaitVQIMYHxYVWW/yJfYynBVW25OMgTFI6DCUEyL8KJo3I1Dqg+5Ue9dbG9+63xntgYE4VTrhdZSDLEGcQsHrh3t7
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Hol,

If FW&D only had two troop kitchen cars converted to baggage express service and these two were later converted to way cars in 1968, it appears to me that they became nos. 73 and 102. Photos of the two cars after conversion to way cars seem to show them to be almost identical and both exhibit the blanked off side door and triple windows. That is clearly evident in the photos shown in the new way car book on pages 589 and 600. No. 82, on the other hand, was certainly a custom built car, but it doesn't exhibit any evidence of being converted from one of the troop kitchen cars as the other cars do.

I don't know what the authors' source was, but they indicate that no. 82 was built from parts of the wood way car that it replaced which had been badly damaged in a fire.

Bill Barber
Gravois Mills, MO