Re: [CBQ] Re: CB&Q 40' Combination Door Car Resin Cast Sides

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Re: CB&Q 40' Combination Door Car Resin Cast Sides
From: "sartherdj@aol.com" <sartherdj@aol.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2012 15:19:33 -0400 (EDT)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1345058384; bh=jpOhTyl8AP3J5QkxIWG5otFRMIgxubvtcZoEW8dc3jc=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:References:To:In-Reply-To:X-MB-Message-Source:X-MB-Message-Type:X-Mailer:X-Received:Message-Id:x-aol-global-disposition:X-AOL-SCOLL-SCORE:X-AOL-SCOLL-URL_COUNT:x-aol-sid:X-Originating-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type; b=i6NaJRM0MevgSMuHYiO8l8zT8pgikgJ8QcCncLOXWw+a5nLnetHRqFeCCK1C4FwLV628J11AuC6HQc6w3N6wtcLUhboQJjnW2nJchR7IL+qZuUZVmbLtNkRTod1lyIx7
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Tim,

The CB&Q 40' combination door cars have Westinghouse AB brake systems.  The air reservoir on the CB&Q version of these cars was mounted parallel to the side sills.  This response was based on information taken from the CB&Q AFE sheets for CB&Q series #41000-41899 built at Havelock, NE between 1959 and 1961 and builders' photos..   Hope this response will answer your question.

Dave Sarther