Re: [CBQ] Re: Steam loco generator on EMD switcher?

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Re: Steam loco generator on EMD switcher?
From: STEVEN HOLDING <sholding@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2012 06:08:30 -0700 (PDT)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1343221713; bh=4qJYpcQndOGuMYcuOHFPwDoiLDwHSjSE6MR6NiX4Na4=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-YMail-OSG:X-Received:X-Mailer:References:Message-ID:To:In-Reply-To:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type; b=p6w64mKwN9RIWh6mw6vSQs35Ayfhx+K6hLcGxDWinU4pZLTCPr82BB1CQryhsVnwTXH8sagIMqIMG5Hs6J/Ugb/wTZm0LCgMatXjxQd6aejlpbwun9hx6dnpQghwYDTK
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Could it in fact be a auxiliary generator.  The main Generator put out 600 volts for traction power,  the auxiliary generator put out 74 volts for control circuits.  What was the radio voltage need?  It may have been a rotary converter with a 74 volt motor turning a 32 or other voltage generator.
Steve in SC