[CBQ] LaCrosse RR Show this Saturday

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] LaCrosse RR Show this Saturday
From: "Gerald Edgar" <gvlc6@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2012 21:04:44 -0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1342472686; bh=6H7JWeFx/KrtL7HYXtBSL0E/UagA6C4okRQm7l6ua68=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:To:Message-ID:User-Agent:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:X-Yahoo-Post-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=HoYuliWwWaD1HI3kbw1WLNqgP2U5jyzQrlO9M5/LbLdw2kK8On0ctG8PM3usrvuQbstztAWKgoEwTLD+gfhQPewpxlz/ncFiT44hqsObHdFgso+LYjUTxUS+nnyMxBrH
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
This Saturday is the annual summer model/railroadiana show in No. LaCrosse
sponsored by the 4000 Foundation of which several Board mbrs thereof are BRHS
mbrs.  This is always a great show with BN having a loco available to crawl
around legally (as does CP).  Adults are $5, 12 & under free - hours 10 to 5.
Tours too of 4000, Grand Crossing Tower, etc. Profits go to further restore
Aeolus.  I will have a table so if anyone wants me to bring some reference
material or any thing we discussed swapping, please let me know offlist.  Will
have a lot of CB&Q items inc. quite a few additions since I last was at a BRHS
meet.  Also Randy Danniel will also have a table to sell a few remaining copies
of Waycars, Burlington in Transition, wall calendars etc.
The original LaCrosse Div. Depot & Div Hdq remains in good shape (atty owns it)
and one original Grand Crossing Shops bldg remains.  BN has a lot of traffic
thru here with a very active yard. Amtrak comes thru a few blocks south at the
old LaCrosse Div hdq for the Milw.
If you drive up or down along the Q I'll be happy to point out 'things' any Q
fan will want to photograph.  At least a half dozen Q-issued scenic postcards
were photos taken in the area, two or three wall calendars and of course the
tracks hosted the trains that for decades held the No. American speed records.
Gerald   gvlc6@hotmail.com

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com
    CBQ-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com