[CBQ] Re: Osceola-Des Moines branch?

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Osceola-Des Moines branch?
From: "Eric" <eric_d_hopp@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2012 03:26:49 -0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1341804411; bh=OXyZ5IxIQgFeG+VuPkNDijsp6YEKe8h7h1keg8/lTT0=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:To:Message-ID:In-Reply-To:User-Agent:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:X-Yahoo-Post-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=VeJ27IrJYeNnpI+rZSB6OzP/J1ZpaQhNAiprVO8PMLLqG+rRMfqjKGOSSHpn+x/nZ5+sF0vfLVZhZsLm9bPS8yJ+XAQD7Dwyj9yj31u9y8X07Scv6RarHTtIG2OcAAzP
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Thanks to everyone for the treasure trove of information.

I can still picture in my mind's eye the bridge across the Racoon which - as I
understood it - connected the DMU to the Bell Ave yard - or perhaps it
connected the Bell Ave yard to the industrial park on the flats on the north
bank.

The last time I saw that bridge was around the time (?) the UP pulled out the
yard and it's river crossing.  There was a red flag between the rails on the
north approach.

If I dig I should have a few pictures.  Bell Ave and the DMU were two of my
favorite haunts.

Eric

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com
    CBQ-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com