[CBQ] The Tragedy at the Loomis Street Crossing

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [CBQ] The Tragedy at the Loomis Street Crossing
From: "Charlie Vlk" <cvlk@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2012 10:12:55 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1339341178; bh=lcPSll4nsnYEsFQ7lCcjNdWEI1kbF7ht+3/v2fY41Mo=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:To:References:In-Reply-To:Message-ID:X-Mailer:Thread-Index:Content-Language:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type; b=B7jdenOYgP3x11AkeGPLZyEosDWp01IoVFeRJAFEWuWAdDypscIYla5m7XiG+L7vhDpmHho9D2+Yh/wezQvnCmvMAxXpCHZtHphFVExHIW37O/fE/zJxPuSLP4rKd/OZ
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

All,

I decided to order this book from the publisher and have been browsing it for a week or so now.

I think it is a worthy addition to my CB&Q –related library.   It has the technical information about the wreck (most of which I had assembled in pieces from various sources) and a wealth of human interest stories.  Nice to see that Jim C., our BRHS expert on the wreck, collaborated on the effort!

Makes one want to send copies to AMTRAK headquarters to the people that decide that Talgo and Bombardier cars constructed with less structure than the Silver Inn should be built and operated in high speed service….cars that when they hit an SUV parked on the track turn to shredded bits….although I doubt that they would take heed and not allow history to repeat itself.

Charlie Vlk