[CBQ] RE: Visiting Colorado

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] RE: Visiting Colorado
From: "POOTUS2010" <bearmtnbob@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2012 10:37:06 -0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1336732927; bh=BbwF1Ex692uM7tm0N+udmKLqhWHlYwyvv4H5+sA31Vc=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:To:Message-ID:User-Agent:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:X-Yahoo-Post-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=QdXBumUJNiCZNeAVnKtDRB/14/6/IA/wRm+l3Th+LMbgnXunSRYnM2rotFOcZgG/15J2V/drOBfIbUmZtgIVbF/Icw5QbKwqaO01z0apLNUnucOP8RWPK1MxaRXE/0ib
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Whatever you decide to see while you are there, I would suggest you purchase a
milepost by milepost guide book describing the train trip you will be taking,
you will learn more and make associations between what you are seeing, and what
you may have read in the past. Also, go thru your collection and photocopy
pages from your old timetables that relate to where you are going and what you
will be doing. Lastly, I recommend that you get a copy of "Tracking Ghost
Railroades" by Ormes, even if it is well out of date, you might be standing at
a gas station or roadside pulloff and notice a slash across a hillside, that
when you check the map, might be revealed as an abaondonded grade. Your
companion can also be looking for old grades and rights-of-ways while you are
driving. Of course, boning up on Colorado railroad history beforehand is to be
recommended. Best, Bob Munshower

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com
    CBQ-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com