[CBQ] 7th Annual “24 Hours @ Saginaw” 2012

To: texomarailfans@yahoogroups.com, cbq@yahoogroups.com, cottonbelt@yahoogroups.com, espee_forever@yahoogroups.com, kcsnotes@yahoogroups.com, lrmrg@yahoogroups.com, mkt@yahoogroups.com, RITSlist@yahoogroups.com, tno@yahoogroups.com, trainorders@yahoogroups.com, ATSFgroup <atsf@yahoogroups.com>, Union Pacific <Union_Pacific@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [CBQ] 7th Annual “24 Hours @ Saginaw” 2012
From: Skip Waters <wgcrush@swbell.net>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2012 01:49:02 -0700 (PDT)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1336726145; bh=tL+x5rop62MIyoWBU1CCQ3axPUhu6uKPd1KOKVtfXHg=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-YMail-OSG:X-Received:X-Mailer:Message-ID:To:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type; b=Fg2eXCpTSV7ScpGkRXn1ZlywWne8ST9uqT5XyaZSQ63kZC9tBOSLq5WYNTqsptNkiA3zCH0IdiaK2NX5FXyVtOK+IJiDJXIY85/RvMrCwbHt/gN3Mb1sF0A39/Chbh64
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT - IT'S TIME TO WATCH SOME TRAINS!
(Pass this on to your rail friends please)

7th Annual “24 Hours @ Saginaw” 2012

DATE:  Friday, May 25th & Saturday, May 26th, 2012
TIME:  7:00 pm to 7:00 pm, for 24 hours!
LOCATION:  Saginaw Heritage Center (the depot) 301 S. Saginaw Blvd. in Saginaw, TX.

Watch a special invite from the Saginaw Chamber Executive Director:
For the past 6 years the North Texas Chapter, NRHS has had the privilege of hosting a 24 hour railwatching event at the Saginaw Depot over Memorial Day weekend starting Friday evening and ending Saturday evening for a full 24 hours.  In past years, we have had approximately 100 or more Railfans attend this event to watch trains day and night.  In addition, we schedule programs to include slide shows, speakers, clinics, videos and railroad trivia to keep guests entertained between trains.

We did it AGAIN - Recently the Saginaw Depot was awarded the Cowcatcher Round Up Magazine "2011 Gold Rail Award" as the number ONE "Best Railfanning Spot" in the 6 state region AND the "24 Hours @ Saginaw" event was awarded the number ONE "Best Rail Special Event"!  Thank you Cowcatcher Readers!

http://www.cowcatchermagazine.com/Cowcatcher%20-%20Gold%20Rail.html

Come plan to watch, talk, listen and photograph trains safely while sharing
fellowship and education with like minded railfans and families. Also,
help us promote the City of Saginaw as a nationally known hot spot to
watch and record trains safely. It is reported up to 60 trains pass
the Saginaw depot per day! Plenty to fill your train watching
appetite!

In previous years, we recorded 75 trains in 2006, 58 in 2007, 48 in 2008, 58 in 2009, 59 in 2010 and 49 in 2011.

How many will we record this year?  Come find out!

Activities Include:

Operation Lifesaver presentation on “How to watch trains safely”.
A safe area to watch trains.
24 hours of slide programs, clinics, railroad videos.
Railroad theme games and trivia to help pass the time.
Railroad Scanner broadcast of approaching trains.
Masterboard to record the running total of trains.
Door prizes, Food, Fun and More...

Features include:

Photo night shoot at a local rail yard (not sure this year..still working on details)
New Trivia questions (with the help of railspot friends)
More railroad word games by Mama Tindle
Live Radio broadcast on "Let's Talk Trains" Saturday at the event (check out last years show).

Presenters already included:
  David Bartee of FWWR at midnight
  Leonard Rubak of College Station presenting ATCS
  Bradley Linda of Waco fame!
  Brian Tindle (trivia contest)
  Patrick Phelan of San Antonio
  Mike Moore and the North Texas T Trak display
  Chad Chaddington
  Mr. TZ and and another one of his DVD debuts
That's not all, there more...stay tuned!

Admission is FREE, but we are asking for a $5 donation to help cover Insurance expenses. This is a must have or we cannot hold the event.  General donations are also accepted and appreciated.

Join "24 Hours @ Saginaw" on FACEBOOK
http://www.facebook.com/24hoursatSaginaw

Sponsors:
The North Texas Chapter of the National Railway Historical Society
http://www.ntxnrhs.org

Saginaw Chamber of Commerce
http://www.saginawtxchamber.org

Choo Choo Express Trackless Trains
http://www.choochooexpress.com

See Wes Carr's "Railfan Primer" about Saginaw
http://www.trainweb.org/southwestshorts/saginaw.html

See 2010's Photo Night shoot
http://thundertrain.org/NightPhotos-Saginaw-052810.html

Check out the links to previous year's...
http://picasaweb.google.com/rwhitenight2004/24HoursSaginaw052805292010#
http://txrailfan.rrpicturearchives.net/archivethumbs.aspx?id=44894
http://centexrails.blogspot.com/2009/05/saginaw-trains.html
http://centexrails.blogspot.com/2009/05/saginaw-race.html
http://www.kingswayrc.com/saginaw/
http://picasaweb.google.com/MaroonedInAggieland/24HoursInSaginaw
http://txrailfan.rrpicturearchives.net/archivethumbs.aspx?id=33075

So, if you are not already committed to another event Memorial Day
Weekend please plan to join us Friday night for a quality slide show or a few hours on Saturday and have fun watching Trains, Trains, Trains... Bring your friends, make a full railfan experience out of it!

More info to follow as we get closer to the event...

We are now accepting presenters who would like to put on a
program or clinic during the "24 hours @ Saginaw" event. Whether it's
a slide show, a video, or film or a clinic on photography, recording
sound or video or documenting trains via train logs, we welcome your
program. Any length or subject will be considered. Please contact me
via email or call at the number below if you are available. Thanks for
your interest!

Skip Waters
Vice President, Trips & Events
North Texas Chapter, NRHS