[CBQ] Re: Visiting Colorado

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Visiting Colorado
From: "Jonathan Harris" <jonathanharris@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 20:04:24 -0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1337112269; bh=vYpCyxRcF7gA/mU2z1LyFhWfNmVJ9qzTA5rHMy9hsvs=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:To:Message-ID:In-Reply-To:User-Agent:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:X-Yahoo-Post-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=mv5lNbEy7oqA5/qRWF2WWAAu1mgXTIBk4dA4tQcjw0DZuCSgJD7Yn2ZfHqfrFdluGj4wjmYM3pFUdaK1fu28an5e9GRcrybbpVc1TXiRDaJCgPcJ1bMOU+wwBbmANINH
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Yes. We can only hope the Joint Authority has not been so foolish as to give Mr
Harper too much power as operator, and that there is a firewall to protect the
assets of CATS from raiding by D&S. Charles Bradshaw, the first "independent"
owner of the D&S (post-D&RGW) was quite candid that he wanted to see CATS put
out of business because he felt its "competition" threatened his profits. There
is a strong potential conflict of interest here, and one could easily imagine
an unscrupulous operator driving CATS into the ground (in part by destroying
what is unique to the atmosphere of the railroad and alienating both patrons
and volunteers) so as to divert ridership and thereby maximize the returns on
his private holdings in Durango.

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com
    CBQ-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com