[CBQ] Sorry about calling them marker lights

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Sorry about calling them marker lights
From: "burlington9900" <burlington9900@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2012 03:22:30 -0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1336706557; bh=4EGu9p5PjTsVebg/jFvv51j/+EQIBPsikncZSS7ZZwI=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:To:Message-ID:User-Agent:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:X-Yahoo-Post-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=FQL9scuUIOiBdR2KTKiVVBP9+mJAPvW7OBIUITk9Zin2TOB2UK03scXa6U7hdQMv1tdd0YuRY7kypr6hFGExUDfJnIvZJxB6Qu1bW++FMGGJAHdGvweauyZ/3mno4Jhd
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
I'm sorry if I offended anyone for using the wrong name for engine class
lights.  It's been 20 years + and I am just now getting back into model
railroading again. Things that you guys said have brought back many of my
memories.   A lot has changed since I was last able to get out and do things.
I hope I'm now on the mend and can get out see things and enjoy meeting with
other Q railroader and fans. I am trying to model the Q depot (Union Station)
in Ottumwa, my home town.  I have noted that the general area lights (Mercury
Vapor I believe) on a pair of tall wooden poles with a platform at the top
still stand put are in very poor shape and unusable. I remember them because
they would buzz when they were on while our family would wait at the depot for
relatives. I am old enough to remember the 5632 coming to town on it's way to
Denver with one of the rail groups.  I do have a couple of slides of it and the
observation car that my brother took.  My Dad did work for some time in the
30's at the CB&Q round house in Ottumwa, but he would not talk about it.  Just
smile and laugh when we talked about things that some of his work buddies told
us. He is long since passed on in 1980.  That's all history and in my layout
I'm trying to recreate just some of that history.

Enough from me,

Stephen Miller

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com
    CBQ-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com