[CBQ] Re: New pre-merger decal sets - Commercial message

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: New pre-merger decal sets - Commercial message
From: "John H" <sprinthag@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2012 16:36:09 -0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1333211771; bh=c322E4an6zODkQRuXfuA85mXtzhSz5im1ZhBNQKbKhM=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:To:Message-ID:User-Agent:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:X-Yahoo-Post-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=SKQMTPr5QRjCkZ9F3F2B+5iSWsW4Jg+XEbXnnX4xxG7LxFh1JhEGjMOMBcJPwK/ygGAlhHTmwknTG5uDScUaDMpYdo8C727j55h3ejACszk7vayhxZG1U3eIFXGLHLxm
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Okay now, this is my third attempt at posting a proper message.

For some reason, the one I posted yesterday was my rough draft with all my
errors and typo's. I did proof read it using MS Word's spell check for
assistance. Then I forgot to take the corrected version and paste it to the
message meaning this whole shameless plug was hardly readable, a fact I did not
realize until this morning. I deleted that message a bit ago and substituted
the corrected version below but forgot to add this explanation of the heck I
was doing. Deleted that one too. This time I think I got it right.
----------------------
I have uploaded two new files to the OBS-CALS folder. Both are for HO scale
Burlington premerger box cars.

Please note that one of the messages sent as notification of new file uploaded
will not work. That is because in all my brilliance I forgot to change the font
from black to white. The samples files are my artwork placed on a blue
background for visibility of the white lettering. Artwork for white generally is
black and the white ink is chosen at the time of printing.

One set will do a 40 or 50 foot box car and the other will do one RBBQ insulated
box. The artwork is all new. Two Burlington modelers happened to contact me
about doing these sets within a few weeks of each other. These gentlemen
supplied me with links to photos and supplied information regarding the proper
"small print' for these cars.

The 40 - 50 foot box car set is $4.00/set. The RBBQ insulated car set is
$5.25/set. The RBBQ cars required grouping the lettering to fit between the
ribs. This also required supplying addition space around the various groupings
for the user to be able to cut them from the sheet without damaging any of the
surrounding lettering. And they have addition lettering for the doors and the
ends that take space and required additional artwork. All this means I cannot
get as many sets on a sheet of decal paper making them more expensive to
produce.

I print on Alps printers using Bare Metal Foil laser paper. This paper is as
good as any (better than many) I've used over the years and is definitely on a
par with Microscale paper. As I print upon order my decals are indeed fresh.

In addition to printing per order I can print these sets in any scale. Of course
there will be differences in costs for S, O or G scales. I cannot guarantee how
readable they would be in N or Z scales. For those who like the older scales OO
and TT are just as doable as HO.

I ship via USPS First Class mail. I can ship USPS Priority Mail if requested but
this will cost $3.50 - $4.00 more per shipment.

For any inquiries please contact me off list at
sprinthag@...

Thank you,
John Hagen

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com