[CBQ] Re: The Rest of the Story

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: The Rest of the Story
From: "Lee" <litehousekeeper@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 16:18:57 -0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1331569141; bh=ibxB+HZxQsC7NBT9CXHfsbFQZi/5Jpi7IrhofH5lCww=; h=Received:Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:To:Message-ID:In-Reply-To:User-Agent:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:X-Yahoo-Post-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=tIAy+UJ3kOSotMojuaqorDWV/fEWoyVWO7mAZOoFhTYDtvsa22so8nxLg3P4sH0XdIIBfELezeTe9VDHsyrNRbAqUJ4KzhdxPEZqKHJBRkdrnl9pEdYWvBAzuDzu10xB
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Sorry to hear this John.  Good news is your legal options may be simpler than
you think.  Some small claims courts will hear cases involving out-of-state
defendants when it can be determined that the business/individual breached a
contract negotiated or performed in your state.  Since contracts negotiated via
email can be viewed in some states as business conducted within the
prosecutor's state of residence, many small claims courts will hear such cases,
the papers being filed by mail via secretary of state.  Check with your local
district court.  Though it is often not financially viable to collect on small
claims such as this, you may find obtaining a judgment worth the relatively
small time/money it takes.

At the very least, you can file a complaint with the FTC:
https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/

Good luck,

Lee Edgar

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com