[CBQ] Re: BRHS Membership question

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: BRHS Membership question
From: "pal_houston" <paulaleonard08@att.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2012 17:28:13 -0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1330363697; bh=3gHXT1r83K1DksZcVolHOpTanfSplzDgbwHi1L1mayU=; h=Received:Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:To:Message-ID:In-Reply-To:User-Agent:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:X-Yahoo-Post-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=HK7Y6eJs3ygiuoFpjDivboQKoGIZ6DD/jZmoosslKzD/bpfwqPvANlNy/GBpRBzsOT0HN7SoAf7A4Q7hGkNQKEIIuRNPRITMRc6Yel2xAtmnTxBXYLxa2zopEUNwpgWY
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

--- In CBQ@yahoogroups.com, "Supplement" <supplementless@...> wrote:

> So what is the point of joing when you pay the same fee to own one as the
> membership itself?
>
> I had read it somewhere that there have been severe delays between issues of
> the bulletin, so that would leave me to believe since 2 issues just came out
> that it may be quite some time before the next issue would come out.  So
> would I pay for a years membership and don't get any publications???
>
> --- In CBQ@yahoogroups.com, taceys@ wrote:
> >
> > No, the current Bulletin SD units part 2 has already been sent to members.
> > If you send you dues now it is not included.
> > Gene
> > > So the current Bulletin on the SD units would be included and I could pay
> > > for any additional Bulletins I wanted that were still available?

I have only been a BRHS member for 5 or 6 years.  I have only been to one meet.
 Nevertheless, I recognize a quality organization when I see one.  The standard
of research that goes into the Zephyr articles, and especially into Burlington
Bulletins is outstanding.  The information is well researched, well written,
well illustrated and well organized.  I find the information very useful to me
in my modeling efforts.  So although I don't know enough to contribute
information or articles, I certainly do feel I can contribute a few dollars
annually to make sure the volunteer time and efforts eventually make this
information into print, where we all can benefit.

So my advice to you would be buy a couple bulletins you are interested in.
Evaluate what you get.  If you like it, join BRHS in order to support the work
that is in progress.

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com
    CBQ-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com