[CBQ] Re: FW&D 101 passenger caboose

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: FW&D 101 passenger caboose
From: "Ed" <chambers_ed@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2011 20:06:09 -0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1324670771; bh=Jk5qZGy2I0slZlfN482F861gBuvYA/+jpLesMddu8UQ=; h=Received:Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:To:Message-ID:In-Reply-To:User-Agent:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:X-Yahoo-Post-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=vLjmuWxRIivQQ4RVuI+SSRIt5JLujLgyIWMvx38krOD9zc/x0NHHeYPcR/40PVe4GGuz2xWuuPEGpPbVaMCJj30gULf4d31big4PV+CPIVcC2gB2RU+Ug4/5mWjlKWre
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
The reason I asked wheather the car number 101 on the passenger caboose was a
caboose number or a passenger car number is because I also have a photo of the
FW&D 101 which is an outside braced caboose ,maybe a renumbered car ? but I do
not have a date when it was shot .I would not think that FW&D would have had
both cars numbered 101 at the same time and 1970 sounds to me a very late date
for the passenger 101 to have been scrapped plus the photo of the 101 passenger
cab is dated 1963 so its carbody had to have sold off way before the 1970
retirement date which I suspect is for the outside braced caboose instead . I
had made several trips to the Texas panhandle area where the passenger cab 101
was used in the 50's and 60's and never saw it in service or stored either .
Anybody know for sure Ed Chambers

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com
    CBQ-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com