[CBQ] Re: Stock Cars on the C&I

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Stock Cars on the C&I
From: herrick@krausonline.com
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2011 03:11:25 -0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1322449887; bh=mAUE2E3Y7C3NBV64QCyigdtUE7oUkTkJKfypP4GHSgU=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:To:Message-ID:In-Reply-To:User-Agent:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:X-Yahoo-Post-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=kQCZeCX4RtUuwHt/ERoKyQwxsYxDZSAHhl4+Khm7hutexTHCZyD5fRDZh1tj+xlCfCaH9NBmJFz3cKeka15lwhm8CdNWFlN3vOyKkyzs9HFu1Clqwp5bchRBmJed5tp1
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Rich and listers,

I once talked to a retired employee of the canning plant about their side
business of fattening cattle on the by-products of vegetable packing, i.e. the
discarded vines et al. He said the cattle came in by rail and left by truck for
Chicago after they were suitably fattened for slaughter. I think RR told me he
recalled seeing piles of sileage at the canning plant. This process must have
ended long before Leo worked for the BN or I'm sure he would have mentioned it.

Bob Herrick

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com
    CBQ-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com